The Association, now in existence for over 60 years, is continuing to grow with members in 45 countries, across all five continents. Membership of IAPESGW gives you the opportunity to communication with like-minded professionals who are working to promote and develop physical education, sport and dance for girls and women throughout the World.
We work with other key international organisations; IAPESGW is a member of the International Council of Sport and Physical Education (ICSSPE). Our members can access ICSSPE’s publications online – log in details are provided. The Association also has a representative on the International Women’s Group.
Membership benefits include:
- Monthly International Updates
The Association distributes monthly updates and encourages members to share the activities that are happening in their regions.
- Biannual newsletters – sharing members’ news across the globe (last edition produced in 2012)
The Association distributes two newsletters each year. Members can submit articles to any of IAPESGW’s publications.
- A network of interested practitioners, researchers and policy makers sharing in promoting life-enhancing opportunities for girls and women in physical education, sport and dance.
The Congress, committees, newsletters, bulletins and website all provide the opportunities for members to communicate and share knowledge.
- Research support and endorsement, through a committee of consultants, for international development.
- The Association also awards outstanding contributions in the field. These include:
- Kluka - Love Award - given to the woman (under 35 years of age) who is judged to give the best presentation at each Congress.
- Lynn Vendien Award and Dorothy Ainsworth Awards – both presented to members who have given service to the Association.
- IAPESGW Dance Development Award - the award is to honour a respected dance practitioner/researcher, or teacher, who has sustained a strong reputation over many years and continues to work in the field of Dance in Education.
- The Audrey Bambra Award – established in 2005 to reward a member, or group of members, of the Association demonstrating commitment to the learning process and pedagogy, and passing this on to others, whether in their own neighborhoods or countries, or internationally, over a sustained period of time
Membership with attendance at our 18th World Congress, May 2017 - the conference registration fee includes a 4-year membership to IAPESGW